We have been asked by the Local Authority Transport Department to share the following information regarding the Privilege Seat Application Window for the Academic Year 2022/23.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact the Transport Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 823780.
Privilege Seat Application Window – Academic Year 2022/23
The dates for the privilege seat application window for academic year 2022 have been finalised. Should you wish to apply for a privilege seat for your child to use the school bus service you will need to apply between 9am on Monday 27 June 2022 and 4 pm on Friday 8 July 2022 for children in school years 0 – 11, only. You will not be able to apply for privilege seats for sixth form students (school years 12 – 14) at this time. Please note that the online form will only be live between the above times and that applications received outside of this window will not be accepted.
Further information on the privilege seat process can be found online, here: https://www.iwight.com/Council/OtherServices/School-Transport/Privilege-Seat-on-School-Transport.
Please also note the FAQs, Code of Good Practice and Ticket Terms and Conditions sections available via this webpage. If you scroll to the bottom of the above webpage you will see the bus services for which you can apply. This information will be live from 9 am on Monday 27 June 2022. Should the service you require not be listed you will not be able to apply for that service at this time.
Do bear in mind that making an application for a privilege seat does not guarantee a seat on the school bus.
Privilege seat ticket prices are set costs as follows.
– Up to a full term £130.00
– Up to half a term £65.00
– Up to a full term AM or PM only £65.00
– Up to half a term AM or PM only £32.50
Should you have any queries please contact the Transport Team at the Council via email: email@example.com or telephone: 823780.
Important Points to Note
– There will only be 1 application window before the start of the academic year so please ensure you apply during this
window for your child to be considered for a seat.
– Information on bus services that can be offered will be available on the website from 9am on Monday 27 June 2022.
– We may not be able to provide an update on the number of seats available before the application window opens but
please be aware seats availability will be very limited.
– There is be a strict payment deadline for making payment. Should you miss this deadline, the seat offered to your child
will be offered to the next child on the waiting list (should one exist) and your application will be cancelled.
– Once applications have been processed by the Transport Team you will be able to see the status of your application online as well as make payment without having to contact the Council.