The Careers Team have a wealth of experience and are on hand to offer information, advice and support in your decision making for the future. Whether you want to discuss applying to University, Oxbridge, finding an Apprenticeship, preparing your CV or deciding how to spend your Gap Year then the team can support and guide you through the process.
We have developed strong links with partners and employers, both locally and nationally, to provide students with meaningful opportunities during their time at the VI Form.
Events offered throughout Year 12 and 13 include:
- Work Experience
- University Preparation –including Oxbridge specific
- Visits and Trips to Universities/Subject Specific Taster Days
- Residential trips
- Parent and Student Information Evenings/Days –Student Finance, UCAS Preparation
- Mock Interviews
- Access to Southampton
- Medical/Medicine Specific Events
- 1-1 Careers Interviews
- Speaker Weeks (variety of guest speakers visiting to talk to students)
- Employer and Partner Engagement
(this is not an exhaustive list)
Students are welcome to make appointments or drop in any time. The Careers Department can be found within Student Services at the Campus.
The Southern Universities Network (SUN) has put together a very helpful ‘Future Steps’ document for 2020 to help students with making choices and understanding that it is never too late to change their mind. Take a look by clicking the button below.